Monday, June 11, 2012

 

Transcontinental, the sequel

This, ladies and gentlemen, is going to be an interesting experiment. I am blogging from my smartphone and an attempt to use a bluetooth keyboard succeeded only in costing me 60 dollars.

Six years ago my now-fiancee and I set out across the country to seek our fortunes in New York City.

Of course, she wasn't my fiancee at the time--and that's not the only thing that was different. We had Beaker, her old Honda Civic. Beaker has served us very well, but now it's time for us to upgrade.

So I purchased my mother's old Toyota Corolla, a 2005 model. Now I have to drive it all the way back across the country to New York. By myself.

I need to travel about 800 miles each day to get back to New York within the time I have given myself. That's why I'm writing now from a hotel room in Evanston, Wyoming, which is just on the border with Utah. I got through 3 whole states in a single day, which I think is not bad at all.

There will be more posts to come featuring more of my musings on the drive and also featuring my shoddy smartphone photography. You can also check out my more impromptu  updates on Twitter: @jeremyrwalsh

For now I will leave you with an amusing photograph on the outskirts of Sacramento and the thought that tomorrow I tackle Cheyenne--home of the Union Pacific Railroad. Onward!



Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?